Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sonic X Preview #1: Meet Ico

Yes, he has a cool name. Ico Bukvic is an Assistant Professor in Composition at Virginia Tech.

According to his website:
I like to think of myself as a composer, interactive new media artist, researcher, and performer. My creations draw upon synergies among aural and visual, acoustic and electronic, interactive works and installations, while my research focuses on scientific exploration of pragmatic and artistic potential of new multimedia technologies in a pursuit of the overall betterment of quality of life. If I had to name one thing that ties all of my ostensibly eclectic creations and research vectors together, it would have to be the ubiquitous interactivity. I am currently working at Virginia Tech as an assistant professor in music composition & technology, founder and director of the new Digital Interactive Sound and Intermedia Studio (DISIS), co-director and faculty in the new Collaborative for Creative Technologies in the Arts and Design (CCTAD) interdisciplinary program, as the first non-CS member of VT's Center for Human-Computer Interaction (CHCI), and as a faculty (by courtesy) in departments of Computer Science and Art & Art History. Unless all this tongue-twisting verbiage has already put you to sleep, please feel free to investigate some of my creations and/or services below.
So, you can go to his website to see his creations or services. In the meantime, I found the L2Ork YouTube Channel, and found this gem.

No comments:

Post a Comment